Whoa, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind! Switching to a new fulltime job has made time fly. The first week or so of training I felt like my brain was on overload. Luckily with the help of good coworkers, I think I've pretty much got the hang of it now. Except for those occassions when someone asks me if I know how to do something and I look at them like they are crazy because I have no idea what just came out of their mouth! Overall though the switch has been great. I get an $8 a month gym membership, lunch made by the New England Culinary Institute, and I get to work with one of my good friends. Sounds like a winner to me! My first full week there coincided with Chuck's spring break which kind of sucked because it would have been nice to be able to spend more time with him during that week. We were able to get away for the weekend to Newport. We packed up the boys Saturday morning and headed South. I can't even explain how much I love Newport. I think it's beautiful and we have such good memories from there. We did the routine Cliff Walk with the boys where people were more scared of them than ever. I don't know why, they are so sweet and cute! Although Benson does like to run his mouth when he sees other dogs which I guess can be a little intimidating. He's still my sweet lil Donkey though. It was Benson's first time seeing the ocean too and when given the oppurtunity to swim he was more focused on the little kids throwing a football. Screw a treat, Benson would do anything for a ball! All the while Strayer is a seasoned vet of the Cliff walk and was more concerned about running away from the waves and then going in for a quick drink when they were on the way out. Chuck and I went out to dinner that night and had a fantastic meal, marsala steak for him and lobster ravioli for me. No weekend would have been complete without hitting up the Package Store and Commissary. It's good to stock up when given the oppurtunity! After shopping on Sunday we unfortunately headed back to VT and reality. Hopefully we can take another little weekend trip next month but this time the Maine! Chuck and I will have visited every state on the east coast except for FL after that trip. I guess that's all I have for right now. I'll leave you with a pic of Strayer laying on the futon that he's slowly eating and some of the beautiful mansion in Newport:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh wow that is a pretty mansion! You make New Port sound so nice, I'm gonna have to hit it up before we leave the new england!
ReplyDelete